LETTING GO

Tuesday 3 May 2016



I have been a full time stay at home mum to my little man, Leo, for nearly two and a half years. We have spent most of our days going to play groups, marching around town for his afternoon nap (Leo decided he must have fresh air on his face and wind through his hair while he naps from age one onwards) and scooting around the park in the afternoons.


I now have to come to terms that this little way of life is about to change. My tiny terror is growing up and part of growing up is going off to nursery.


I know everyone says it, but excuse me while I say this cliché phrase once again..because it is so incredibly true..having a baby is a life changing experience. Having Leo has been the best thing that has happened to me (meeting his dad being a close second..of course) and every milestone he has gone through makes me so excited for what will come next, so proud of him but also so sad because he is growing up far too quickly and there is nothing I can do to stop it!



My fiancé and I decided it would be best to ease Leo in to nursery with him going just a two mornings a week at first and building up from there. The nursery we would like him to attend in the fall allows us a minimum of five mornings, when I realised this my first thought was "What on earth am I going to do with myself?!"

I have always loved writing. Since I was a little girl I always said I wanted to be "a dancer who writes books". So here I am in my life, with a potential free 15 hours in my week, mourning the fact that I have to give up some of my time with Leo but looking forward to starting something new. That something new is blogging. This way I get to stay connected with my little love while living out the majority of my life long childhood dream (not joking here) of being a writer of sorts and a mummy.


                                                                        


2 comments: