FIT FOR A LITTLE LION

Thursday 26 May 2016




It is no secret that I love dressing Leo. Half the time I’ll head out for an emergency jean pick up for myself because I’ve ripped a hole in my trousers once again. I realise this is a fashion now and I do actually own a couple pairs of pre-ripped jeans but I just don’t find them practical anymore. I am constantly aiding the rips in the jeans to get bigger by having to go on one knee and sort Leo's shoe out, or sit cross legged while we sing kiddo songs at play groups.  The majority of the time I will end up on oxford street with an hour to pick up some essentials but instead I return home with a new outfit for Leo that I am far too excited about. This can be rationalised as he does go through clothes SO quickly these days. His clothes get massive grass stains and rips in them so easily from him rough and tumbling around playfully with his little buddies in the park. To add to the short life span of his wardrobe he is growing like a weed, I constantly look down at him and think, did he just grow again?!




I tend to favour the same five kids clothing shops, although I am constantly on the look out for new ones. I find that it can be slim pickings for boys clothes but you can turn around in the same shop and see so many cute clothes for girls. I can pretty much always find a couple of things for Leo in Zara, H&M, Next, Mothercare and Gap Kids All of which are decently priced and you can usually find some little bargains if you look in the right places. I prefer to go into the shops, sans Leo when I get the chance. He is certainly not a fan of schmoozing around clothing shops and waiting while I hm and ha about whether I should get the grey or blue jeans for him.





I know that one day Leo will turn to me and say “Mummy, I want to wear my spider Man outfit to the park” or something along those lines and I’ll have to reluctantly give in. He has already started to refuse to wear braces half the time I attempt to sneak them on him. This used to be my go to for a “dressier Leo outfit”. I find trousers incredibly difficult to find for Leo. He seems to have skinny little legs, a big old toddler bum (I'm sure the fact that he is still emptying his bodily functions into his nappy rather than a potty..something I save for another day..is helping the size of that little bum) and a skinny little waist just under his baby Buddha belly. We end up with the teenage low trousers, pants showing look, one I am not really a fan of and neither is Leo. Having to stop mid run around the park to yank your trousers up is not much fun for a two-and-a-half year old energetic toddler!





The weather in London at the moment is feeling a bit like the world is about to end. One week a clear blue sky is chucking down snow, the next it is time to put those not so summer ready bods and pale thighs into some shorts and the next day I am having to stuff numerous layers in the bottom of the pram because that one dark cloud is making me nervous. When living in an unpredictable weathered city (this is why British people bring out the weather chat so often!) with a toddler means having all sorts of varied outfits at the ready. Here are some of my current favourites to dress Leo in.


    
                                                 Hat - Gap    Top - Zara     Shorts - H&M      Shoes - Schuh
                                              
                                                                          


                          Dungarees - Zara     Top - Zara    Shoes - Next


                                                         
J                                                                                          Jumper - Zara    Jeans -  H&M    Boots - Next


4 comments:

  1. I love him in his little overalls! Laughed out loud at the bodily function part ;) Potty train 'soon', as he says ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leo has a great sense of fashion thanks to you 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL at your fear of his spider-man outfit at the park. I wish I could be there for that <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you truly do dress him so well!

    ReplyDelete