THE PERFECT SHADE

Sunday 31 July 2016



I have always loved and lusted after makeup, with all the millions of shades and beautiful packaging, how could a girl not? I am quite reserved with what I am willing to experiment with as I have always believed less is more when it comes to painting my pale skin every morning. Until quite recently I have shied away from trying makeup that is out of my comfort zone. Being a bit more adventurous with makeup has allowed me to find things that really suit the small window of time I have to apply it before my toddler attempts to empty the contents of my makeup bag and have his way with it. I tend to favour a basic and natural makeup look paired with a neutral lip stick.





It doesn’t seem to matter how much water I consume, I seem to be left with dry lips no matter what I do. Finding a lipstick that will moisturise my lips while giving them a splash of colour is a must. This lipstick from Neals Yard does just that, it moisturises, it’s the perfect shade for my skin tone and I feel more confident and a little bit less of a mess with it on. It is also a necessity that I wear a lipstick that doesn’t smudge or smeer. Running after a surprisingly quick toddler all day long leaves me with little time to check up on what is going on with my face. I don’t want to have foundation dripping down my face and lipstick across my teeth. This lipstick builds really well, I can put it on more heavily for the rare date night my fiancé and I have or I can put it on lightly for every day park play dates.







This sumptuous lipstick is even more of a winner because it is 100% vegetarian and free of all nasties like paraben, silicones and carmine. Each lipstick is packed with a whole lotta goodness. They contain a minimum of 77% organic ingredients including moisturizing argan oil and and antioxidant white tea. 
I am not being paid by anyone and I didn’t receive this for free but my sister had it in her makeup bag when she was visiting last. Being the younger nosy sister that I am (some teenage habits don’t go away) I started sifting through her makeup bag with out asking, applying this lipstick with out thinking and being so pleasantly surprised with how much I loved it. So, I went and bought myself one and I will continue to buy this because it has now become a makeup staple. I thought I lost it the other day and believe me, my reaction was not a pretty sight. I would highly recommend this lipstick especially if you are looking to go natural with your makeup choices. 



2 comments: