OUR MOST USED BABY PRODUCTS FROM THE FIRST YEAR

Tuesday 5 June 2018



My little Orla bear is officially 15 months...I still can’t work out where an entire year and some has gone..but I’ll save all of that for another day. I don’t think it matters if it is your first our fifth baby, as expectant parents you are always looking for what is going to work best for you and your baby. There are so many products to choose from these days, even more so than when I had my son Leo nearly four and a half years ago now. The choice is amazing but it can be a little doubting as well. I thought it was about time I shared our most used baby items and why I loved them.


Let’s kick it off with the one we have all heard about, the Sleepyhead. I wasn’t convinced at first, I thought why would I pay that amount to essentially have my baby sleep in a pillow? It turned out to be so much more than that. My son Leo was not a particularly good sleeper as a newborn so finding anyway to help orla sleep better was at the for front of my mind while pregnant. It ended up being a life saver, she slept so well in those first six months. I remember people asking me oh how is it with two kids and my answer was always “so much easier than I had anticipated.” Don’t get me wrong, there was tough moments in those first six months but when isn’t there tough moments mixed in with those millions of rewarding ones in parenting. I think I found the newborn days as a new mum to two little humans a lot easier than I had expected because I was getting an adequate amount of sleep
most nights. Orla self settled in the sleepyhead, she seemed comfortable snug and safe in there. I could easily feed her in our bed in the sleepyhead and then transfer her in to her cot.


Next up is something I knew I loved but didn’t think I would get as much use out of as I have. Swaddle blankets, particularly these beautiful ones form little blue nest baby. I’ve been raving about these since the day I bought the first two. I came across the brand on Instagram while pregnant with orla and instantly fell in love with the beautifully hand drawn images. They are huge, soft and so incredibly lovely. They have been orlas blanket, a breastfeeding cover, a picnic blanket and her bedtime comfort. They are probably our most used baby item a apart from our pram.


You guessed it, the next most used item is of course our Pram. We have a bugaboo chameleon three and let me tell you..it came with a hefty price tag. One I had to poke and prod my husband to be to buy. I think he gave in, in the end because he was tired of the nagging! We had a bugaboo gecko with my son leo that we had bought off some friends unaware of how good and reliable the brand is. We used that thing every single day for three years and prior to that it was used by friends for a year so by the end it was on its last legs. We (..more like I) decided to invest in another buggy from the same brand for Orla because I was so happy with the previous one and knew it would with stand being used every day with two children attached to it this time. And it has, they are pretty, practical, do everything you could want and need them to do and as I said earlier..reliable. Which is exactly what you need in baby items that shlep everything you own around on most days.


Another item I was not completely convinced by until orla arrived and I was able to try it out was this baby bath support. When I had my first we purchased a basic baby bath and I was absolutely petrified to bath him alone in those newborn days. With this bath support I felt confident from the beginning and orla seemed to love it! I can safely bath the kids together and have a hand free to wash both of them.

Another essential item is a baby carrier. I used the same one for Orla as I had previously used for Leo. My mum gifted the Ergo Baby Carrier to us when I was pregnant with Leo. It is comfortable to wear,, easy to put on and most importantly comfortable for baby. I have loved having both of them close when needed while still being able to stow away the carrier easily under the buggy if needed. Four and a half years later, two kiddos warn in it and ours is still going strong. Their new ones are awfully pretty too!


Lastly..and this may seem like a strange one but I was unaware of its existence until a friend of mine brought me one to a play date and since then i keep on buying them. It is a sanitising spray. I am not sure how i lived with out it for so long. how many times have you been on the tube and your childs dropped that damn sophie the giraffe for the 50th time, you've picked it up wiping it with a wet wipe while and reluctantly handed it back to your teething babe wondering how many germs you just handed over. well, i have at least. anyways, this spray you can spray directly on whatever has dropped and you can hand it straight back to your baby with out any worry. It takes two seconds to spray and those worries and awkward side glances while you attempt to clean off things are gone. wow i sound like a sales woman but again i promise i am not!

I really love all of these items and I don't know how I would have gone on with out them.



No comments:

Post a Comment